Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter 2010





Dan went back to Texas on Good Friday, so we celebrated Holy Saturday and Easter Sunday without him. Boo! We missed him! Glad to have distractions, we were thankful to have an Easter egg hunt at church on Saturday. We also colored Easter eggs.

On Sunday we had church and a family get-together. Our Easter tradition is for the older cousins to stuff and hide the eggs so the younger kids can hunt. Here are a few photos from our weekend.

Luke - ready to hunt for eggs at the annual Christ Church Easter egg hunt :)


Emma's two-tone egg...I love those shades of blue!



Aren't they beautiful? I remember coloring eggs on Holy Saturday every year at my Grandma's house. I associate the scent of vinegar with this tradition, for sure! :)

Of course I should mention that this year I bought 18 eggs to boil and color...then forgot to put them out for guests at Easter lunch. Anyone who lives nearby and is craving hard-boiled eggs should come to our house - and soon!


I'm kicking myself for not getting a group shot of the kids dressed up and better shots of the family members that came to visit that day. Guess there's always next year, right?
Dan - don't let me forget!


Cousin Tim (sporting his Indiana University Little 500 bike-team-solidarity haircolor!) with kids searching in the ivy.

Leah - flapping with joy

Luke with loot from his Easter basket

No comments:

Post a Comment