Sunday, August 9, 2009

it's gotta be done





I'm not one who relishes my own maternity photos.  Love the babies, love the anticipation of the baby coming...not so much in love with the pregnant version of myself.  I have been looking online for ideas for maternity photos and boy, are there some people out there who REALLY want to capture what they look like heavily pregnant.  Like, how every naked inch of themselves looked while heavily pregnant - sometimes close-up.  

Good for them...though some of their pictures make me cringe almost as much as my own fully clothed ones!  If you don't believe me, do a google search.   Sorry, but however miraculous it is, it ain't always pretty. 

Being this far along always makes me crazy-obsessed with something.  This week's obsession was capturing photos of the kids and the baby belly together in some form.   Dan was home this weekend and was a great sport about serving as photogtrapher.   He's a brave man, knowing I'd spend a lot of time obsessing over the pictures, cropping like a mad woman, likely finding fault with every single shot.  I have to say I think he did a great job considering that most of his subjects didn't really understand what on earth we were trying to capture.   At least Luke didn't ask questions or complain- he just yelled "lollipop!" over and over...the right bribe for this task, thank goodness! 

1 comment:

  1. oh-such cute pics! you are so close now....i am sure you can hardly wait. you make such a wonderful mother. hugs~b

    ReplyDelete