Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Leah's baptism






Leah's baptism was this past Sunday at Christ Lutheran Church here in Zionsville, IN.

It was so moving for me to see our tiny daughter in this dress. I can remember going to the fabric shop many years ago with my mom and grandma to choose the fabric, lace and ribbons. My grandmother made the dress for my little sister Lori's baptism in 1982. Emma wore it to her baptism in 1998.

Our cousin Diana Nixon is Leah's godmother. I was the nanny for two of her children when we all lived in South Bend, IN in the early 1990's. She has been a fantastic mentor for me as I've navigated through learning how to mother. I'm so thankful that she and her family live in Bloomington, IN so we're able to see each other a few times a year. I know Diana will pray both for me and for Leah in the years to come. What more can a parent ask for than to know that another mama is praying for them? Priceless.

I love what our pastor said after the baptism - Leah became a new princess in the kingdom of God. Now she is Jesus' baby sister. That's what I call a blessed day!

Thanks be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment