Thursday, December 10, 2009

debate


The kids have discovered a love of texting Daddy. They all jockey for turns with my cell phone to send him messages. It makes it challenging when Dan and I try to text one another since several children run to the phone to read the message when the chime sounds.

Yesterday Dan texted me that he was stuck at work - probably 'til midnight - again. Our favorite phrase for events like this is shortened to one word - s*cks (rhymes with trucks...) as in, that s*cks.

Because it does.

We don't use this phrase around the kids because, you know, it's not very nice.

Noah, who's a first grader, was the first one to grab the phone the next time Dan responded. He glanced at the screen, saw the word s*cks, and asked if that word said SHUCKS.

Uh huh - sure does!

Shucks all over the place.

The next time you're tempted to say that something s*cks, think of Noah, my fib, and say SHUCKS instead. Works surprisingly well...

I really hate parenting debates like this. Which is worse...fibbing or teaching our 7 year-old a rude phrase?

I'm so thankful for a fresh start each day! God knows that I certainly need it in this job He's given me.




No comments:

Post a Comment